COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Reopening Protocols for LA County Businesses
AB 2179 / COVID-19 Tenant Protections Resolution Information
Get Ahead - LA County Resource Page for finance, housing & health
Please see the following information related to the evolving COVID-19 emergency as it pertains to Bellflower.
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Watch for symptoms: Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
FEVER - COUGH - SHORTNESS OF BREATH - click here for more info
The City of Bellflower reopened City Facilities to the general public on Monday, June 21, 2021. These facilities include: City Hall, Bellflower Sheriff Substation, and Public Works Office, which will be opened with some modifications. The following safety measure requirements will be implemented in order to help ensure the safety of visitors and employees:
- Visitors must enter and exit through designated doors;
- Visitors may choose to wear a face covering;
- Physical distancing is recommended (6 feet apart);
- Persons may not enter if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness (including fever or cough) or if they are currently under quarantine or isolation;
- Appointments are not required;
- Only one person or household is allowed at each public counter;
- The presence of a visitor in a City facility after their business is complete will be treated as trespassing; and
- Drinking fountains will be covered and not open for use.
Most city services can still be carried out effectively over the phone or online, which is encouraged because the COVID-19 pandemic is still with us.
City Hall: 562-804-1424
Building Dept: 562-804-1424 ext. 2006
Public Works: 562-804-1424 ext. 2259
Public Safety: 562-925-0124
LA County / Food Bank website: https://www.lafoodbank.org/find-food/pantry-locator/
CalFresh Food eligibility and application information: https://www.getcalfresh.org/en/faq
The Bellflower Certified Farmers Market is open and operating every Monday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Town Center Plaza, 16521 Adenmoor Ave, Bellflower, CA 90706. EBT is gladly accepted.
For the best and latest information on COVID-19, always check with trusted sources:
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
California Department of Public Health https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
L.A. County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs https://dcba.lacounty.gov/
Social Media Info
The City has been circulating alerts and messages through our social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Make sure to follow us:
- Facebook Bellflower City Hall
- Twitter @CityBellflower
- Instagram @bellflower_city_hall
- Youtube City of Bellflower Channel