COVID-19 Resources


COVID-19 Vaccine Information 

Reopening Protocols for LA County Businesses

AB 2179 / COVID-19 Tenant Protections Resolution Information

Public Health “Test to Treat” Tele-health services and locations

Travel Advisory

Get Ahead - LA County Resource Page for finance, housing & health

How do I test for COVID-19?

Updated Health Officer Order (03/23/22)

Housing is Key - COVID-19 Rent Relief for Tenants & Landlords

CA Mortgage Relief Program

County of Los Angeles COVID-19 Dashboard 

City of Bellflower Declaration of Emergency

Safer at home / Current Safety Measures

Please see the following information related to the evolving COVID-19 emergency as it pertains to Bellflower.

Call your doctor:  If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Watch for symptoms: Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.

The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:

FEVER - COUGH - SHORTNESS OF BREATH - click here for more info

City Facilities

The City of Bellflower reopened City Facilities to the general public on Monday, June 21, 2021.   These facilities include: City Hall, Bellflower Sheriff Substation, and Public Works Office, which will be opened with some modifications.  The following safety measure requirements will be implemented in order to help ensure the safety of visitors and employees:

  • Visitors must enter and exit through designated doors;
  • Visitors may choose to wear a face covering;
  • Physical distancing is recommended (6 feet apart);
  • Markings will be placed on the floor every 6 feet apart for physical distancing requirements in front of each public counter directing persons where to queue for assistance from City employees;
  • Persons may not enter if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness (including fever or cough) or if they are currently under quarantine or isolation;
  • Appointments are not required; 
  • No indoor seating will be available to any visitors;
  • Only one person or household is allowed at each public counter;
  • The presence of a visitor in a City facility after their business is complete will be treated as trespassing; and
  • Drinking fountains will be covered and not open for use.

Most city services can still be carried out effectively over the phone or online, which is encouraged because the COVID-19 pandemic is still with us. 

City Hall: 562-804-1424
Building Dept: 562-804-1424 ext. 2006
Public Works: 562-804-1424 ext. 2259
Public Safety: 562-925-0124

City Activities and Events

Effective March 16, 2020, all non-essential public community events and group activities were postponed or canceled in order to limit the risk of exposing staff and the public to COVID-19. As the state reopens (June 15, 2021), visit the City's website regularly for event updates.

Masks are recommended for everyone at work indoors, whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated. The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) encourages employers and workers to follow the California Department of Public Health’s Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings.

More info: 

LA County Sheriff’s Department

The Lakewood Sheriff's Department serves the City of Bellflower as well as area cities including: City of Artesia, City of Hawaiian Gardens, City of Lakewood, City of Paramount, Unincorporated Cerritos, Unincorporated Long Beach.

Less serious crime reports (e.g. property) will be written via phone conversations rather than deploying a deputy/CSO out into private party residences.  The non-emergency phone number for Lakewood Station remains at (562) 623-3500. Sheriff’s personnel working at the Substation can still be reached at (562) 925-0124. For an emergency call 9-1-1.

City Public Safety Department

The Bellflower Sheriff Substation (16615 Bellflower Blvd.) has reopened to the public with some modifications. Individuals can still conduct business at the Substation in-person without an appointment. Community Service Officers (CSOs) continues to perform parking enforcement duties throughout the city. Street sweeping enforcement is continuing as well per posted signage. 

Parking citations and permits may be paid on-line, by mail, via phone, or in-person by appointment only.  Late penalties and other considerations may be relaxed with cause in order to be responsive to the difficulty of the times.  Anyone who has questions or concerns about a parking citation should call the Substation at (562) 925-0124.  Staff working there can take your concern under review.

Tickets can be paid online:

Reports can be filed online at:

Parking Permits can be obtained online at:

Senior Meals

Meals on Wheels -  Operated by Human Services Association (HSA) for registered participants. Registration is currently being accepted for new participants. Pick up reservations are also being accepted for those that normally dine at the congregate meals sites. For more information, please call (562) 806-5400, ext. 218.

Food Banks / Resources

If you need food during this time please use the link below to find a food bank near you.


Los Angeles County is committed to preventing hunger and ensuring access to food for all residents. The County is currently mobilizing a Countywide response to hunger by coordinating public agencies, nonprofits, and volunteers to provide meals to anyone in need during the weeks and months to come.

LA County residents can visit the County COVID-19 website's food portal to receive or provide support at this critical time.

Individuals or Families in Need Can:

  • Get help with food expenses (apply here & see eligibility requirements here)
  • Find free food near you
  • Get food delivery assistance (online or by calling 1-888-863-7411)
  • Dial 2-1-1 for assistance, if you do not have access to the Internet

Providers/Nonprofits in Need Can:

Ways LA County Residents Can Help:

For more information on program sign-up information, maps, and frequently asked questions — visit the County COVID-19 website's food portal.

BUSD Announcement / Correspondence

Bellflower Unified School District (BUSD) info: 

Parks & Recreation

The Department of Parks & Recreation has developed a new  Virtual Recreation and Resource Center for the community online that includes fun, education, and valuable resources.

Most City events, rental permits, recreation classes, and programming are reopening with modifications. At this time, outdoor, open space areas of parks that are not gated or locked are not restricted, and the public should adhere with best safety practices recommended by the county. A

Greater Bellflower Little League’s season has been suspended. For more information call (562) 529-2334.

For Los Cerritos YMCA programming and operations updates, please call (562) 925-1292.

The Bellflower Certified Farmers Market is open and operating every Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Simms Park parking lot, 16614 S. Clark Avenue. EBT is gladly accepted.

Staff is available at each facility during regular business hours. To contact the Parks and Recreation department call: (562) 804-1424 ext. 2268.

Local Transportation Services

Bellflower’s fixed route and Dial-A-Ride transportation services are operating as scheduled as for now. For more information call (562) 865-7433.

Trash Collection

Trash collection provided by CR&R will continue normal operations. 

Public Works

The Public Works Department can be reached at (562) 804-1424, ext. 2259.


Graffiti Hotline: (562) 920-5533

Business Licenses

City of Bellflower’s business license application, renewal and balance due payments can be submitted and processed at City Hall (cashier walk-up welcome) or online at or by mail: City of Bellflower, Attention: Business License, 16600 Civic Center Drive, Bellflower, CA 90706

Completed business license application form, renewal notice, or balance due letter with payment can be mailed to the address above. Please make the check payable to the City of Bellflower. Business license staff will reach out to the business owner using the information provided on the application form or renewal notice if additional information is required.

For questions regarding a business license renewal or balance due letter, please call (562) 804-1424 ext. 2231. For questions regarding the business license application, please call (562) 804-1424 ext. 2008 or 2273. City staff is available during normal business hours.

Building Permits

Appointments for service are no longer required.  For more information call (562) 804-1424 ext. 2006.

Building Inspections

Building inspection appointments for service will be considered on a case-by-case basis and in a way that maintains social distancing standards. For appointments please call (562) 804-1424 ext. 2230 (this is an automated recording that provides instructions on how to request an inspection and leave a message).

City Clerk's Office

Access to Public Records

To view the Bellflower Municipal Code, visit: view readily available public records such as agenda materials, resolutions, and ordinances, visit the City Records Archive here:

To request public records not found in the City Records Archive, submit a Public Records Request Form or an email with a detailed description of the records sought to  City records will be searched and a response provided to you within 10 calendar days.  To request L.A. County records such as birth, death, or marriage certificates, contact the L.A. County Registrar-Recorder’s Office at:

City Council Meetings

City Council Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall, excluding legal holidays and the fourth Mondays in July and December.  For the most current information regarding City Council Meetings, contact the City Clerk's Office at (562) 804-1424, ext. 2271, or via email at, or visit:

Bellflower Brakensiek Library 

SEAACA’s Animal Control 

Emergency Resources for Small Businesses

Payment Protection Program for Small Businesses

FAQs for Small Business California click here

DCBA Emergency Resources for Small Business 3/17/20.pdf

Small Business Programs & Covid-19 Resources

Price Gouging

Are COVID-19 fears costing you money? Protect yourself from price gouging during the COVID-19 emergency be reporting it to LA County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs at (800) 593-8222 for investigation. They can help you avoid scams and understand your consumers rights.

Telephone #: (800) 593-8222   Website:

To report price gouging businesses call or visit the website below:

Telephone #: (800) 952-5225     Website:

Californians are protected from illegal price gouging on housing, gas, food, and other essentials. If you experience gouging, submit a complaint to the Attorney General of California Xavier Becerra at or by calling (800) 952-5225.

Unemployment Insurance, Disability and Paid Family leave Benefits

The California Employment Department provides a variety of support services to individuals affected by COVID-19 in California. If you can’t work, are being required to work less, or are unable to work due to your child(ren)’s school shut downs due to COVID-19, visit for more information.

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), is now available (April 28, 2020), for self employed, independent contactors, and for those who may not qualify for traditional EDD unemployment benefits. To learn more visit

You do not have to be diagnosed with COVID-19 to take a paid sick day. You may be able to use Paid Sick Leave (PSL) for prevention if you or your family member have been exposed to COVID-19. Retaliation for lawful use of PSL is prohibited.

Eviction and Tenant/Landlord disputes

Sign up to be notified about the 2021 Rent Relief Program - Click here

The City has received inquiries regarding the eviction of tenants during the COVID-19 emergency. The following orders from the Governor of the State of California contains some information regarding tenant evictions, and there may be other and additional orders that may be issued by governmental entities (the City of Bellflower has not issued any orders regarding evictions):  and

Additionally, California Penal Code §396(f) may provide relevant information depending on your individual circumstances:

There may be additional information available for landlords through the California Apartments Association and for tenants through the Western Center on Law and poverty

The City is providing all of the above links as they are a matter of public information. Nothing in this information should be construed as, nor is intended to be, legal advice. This is simply information regarding the topic. Tenants and landlords should consult their own legal counsel regarding their unique situations.

Disaster/Distress Helpline

The National Disaster Distress Helpline offers 24/7 confidential emotional support for those who have experienced a disaster and may be experiencing distress, including responders, rescue & relief workers. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.

Website:    Telephone:  1-800-985-5990    Text:  'TalkWithUs' to 66746

Various Utilities Offering Assistance Due to COVID-19

SoCalGas Announces Suspension of Service Disconnections as Part of Company’s COVID-19 Response. Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) announced a suspension of service disconnections to any customers who are having a hard time paying their bill. This policy will remain in effect until further notice. Customers are encouraged to call 1-877-238-0092 to speak with a representative about their bill. SoCalGas customer service is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

SCE Responds to COVID-19 Emergency, Suspends Service Disconnections - Southern California Edison (SCE) announced that it is suspending service disconnections for nonpayment and waiving late fees, effective immediately, for residential and business customers impacted by the COVID-19 emergency. Details on these programs are available at or by calling 1-800-950-2356.

Verizon Will Help Residents and Small Businesses Disrupted by Impact of COVID-19 by Waiving Late Fees and Keeping Customers Connected - Verizon announced for the next 60 days it will waive late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus. In addition, the company will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the Coronavirus.

Starting Monday, March 16, the Charter Communications-owned company will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with children in grades K-12 or in college who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. Families can call (844) 488-8395 to enroll. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.

Water System Information

Please note that there are four (4) separate water companies that provide water to residents and businesses in Bellflower.  Please check your latest water bill statement in order to identify which water company provides service to your home or business.  Information for each of these water companies is listed below.

Bellflower Municipal Water System  California American Water (December 2022)

Current Bellflower Municipal Water customers should expect to receive future water bills from California American Water.  Any remaining balances owed to the City of Bellflower as of  November 1, 2022, will be transferred to California American Water.  Any payments made on the final bill will be forwarded to the new California American Water account.  If there are any outstanding balances or arrearages that have difficulty paying, please work with California American Water to find out more about relief programs and payment plans.  

California American Water will send out welcome packets in early November, to provide information about payment options and programs. California American Water will send details about Customer Open House events, both in-person and online, to welcome their new customers.   For any questions, please call California American Water at (619) 885-7031 or via email at

Bellflower-Somerset Mutual Water Company

For the health and safety of our stockholders and staff, BSMWC will be closed to walk-in customers until further notice during the COVID-19 emergency.  BSMWC would like to remind customers that payments can be made at home online at, with check or money order at our dropbox which is located outside of our office, or by calling (844) 793-3989.  BSMWC will temporarily suspend late fees and turn offs during the office closure. BSMWC would like to remind our stakeholders that the water we provide remains safe. COVID-19 has no impact on the quality or supply of your tap.  For more information, please call (562) 866-9980 or visit

Bellflower Home Garden Water Company

For Bellflower Home Garden Water Company customers, please contact the office for any questions related to water service and payments. The office number is (562) 531-8586.

Liberty Utilities Water Company

For Liberty Utilities Water Company customers, please contact the customer service line at (800) 727-5987 or visit their website at

For the best and latest information on COVID-19, always check with trusted sources:

Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

California Department of Public Health

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

World Health Organization

L.A. County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs

L.A. County residents can also call 2-1-1

LA County Public Health Notice

Mobile food vending is allowed in the City of Bellflower with a valid Sidewalk Vendor Permit from the City and a Public Health Permit from the LA County Health Department.  Currently, the City of Bellflower does not have any authorized food vendors.  For more information:

Social Media Info

The City has been circulating alerts and messages through our social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.  Make sure to follow us: