Spring Cleaning Season Begins
Join Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles ReStores in celebrating Earth Day all month long. It’s easy! Start by going green at home with small changes. Put on some good music and get to spring cleaning. Spring is a season of renewal and a time to reflect and refresh.
- Cloth rags Avoid using paper towels and instead use cloth rags that can be washed and reused many times. You can make your own cloth rags by cutting an old shirt into squares.
- A bucket Use a clean and sturdy bucket that will be long lasting. Using a bucket will help you monitor how much water you are using.
- Fabric mop Avoid disposable mop heads and use a fabric mop that can be washed and reused many times.
- Old toothbrush Use an old toothbrush to scrub those hard-to-get-to cracks, crevices, or corners.
- All natural cleaning products You can find eco-friendly cleaning products at most stores or you can also try making your own DIY household cleaner. Most common household cleaners are toxic and contain harmful chemicals that can affect you and your family. You can make your own household cleaner with items you may already have around your house such as: baking soda, white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or olive oil.
The ReStores accept new or gently used: sofas, chairs, desks, dining room furniture, living room furniture, dressers, bed frames, coffee tables, end tables, kitchen cabinets, filing cabinets, TVs, bookshelves, washing machines/dryers, and more!
To schedule a donation visit shoplarestore.org.