SBDC Provides Small Business Resources
Round 3 of the FOUND/LA Small Business Recovery Fund (for brick-and-mortar businesses) opens Monday, February 15th. The grant amount available is between $5,000 and $25,000, depending on the size of the business and is open to Bellflower businesses.
- Must be bricks and mortar businesses serving the neighborhood in which they’re located, where customers can come in during business hours;
- Business must be located in LA County;
- Under 20 employees (includes full time, part time, and/or contracted workers);
- Evidence of profitable business pre-COVID;
- Evidence of being negatively impacted by COVID;
- Company founded by February 2019;
- Revenue between $30K and $3M;
- Must own at least 50% of the business;
- Must be willing to complete the application process and submit all required documents;
- Must be willing to have your story told in FOUND/LA, TMC Community Capital, and/or Pacific Community Ventures’ print, digital, and audio outlets.
The Long Beach SBDC offers many free virtual workshops ranging from Instagram Reels to Rent Relief Conversations.
For more information about upcoming workshops, visit https://longbeachsbdc.org/
SBDC Legal Entity Webinar
Monday, February 15, 2021 - 10am to 11:30am
This in-depth webinar addresses a multitude of important topics regarding legal entities and other important decisions you will need to make as a business owner. One of the first decisions will include how the company will be structured. Because of this, we will cover the basics of regulatory filings that permit new owners to properly set up entities in California. To register, please click here.
How To Sell When You’re Not A Salesperson
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 5pm to 6:30pm
Business owners and entrepreneurs must promote their business or products to investors, customers or clients. Often, this is something they have never done before, and they lack training to approach the challenge. To address this situation, this workshop has been built to help you learn much of what you need to know. To register, please click here.
How To Use Instagram Reels
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 2pm to 3:30pm
Instagram’s take on the ever-popular TikTok (and other new tools like Byte and Triller), Instagram Reels, is a completely new format on Instagram that allows you to record and edit multiple 15-second videos set to popular songs. In this webinar, you will learn what Instagram Reels are; how to select the music, speed, and filters; how to shoot your video; how your reels are found; how to target new customers; how to convert reels into sales, and more. To register, please click here.
The Rent Relief Conversation: Productive ways tenants and landlords can work together for a beneficial outcome
Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 11am to 1pm
Difficult conversations are…well…difficult! Especially when it feels like we are sure to get a “NO!” Never before has it been so necessary to have not only difficult conversations but have them in a manner that produces a beneficial outcome for all parties. Rent is one of the largest expenses for a business and paying rent when the revenue streams are dried up can become insurmountable. To register, please click here here.